The Adventures of Systems Boy!

Confessions of a Mac SysAdmin...

View Mail Threads Across Multiple Folders

I organize my mail in Mail.app in folders named for the sender. So all email sent to me by Jim, for instance, goes in the "Jim" folder, and all email sent to me by Gina goes to my "Gina" folder. Sometimes, however, I want to view a thread that involved both Gina and Jim, but now, since they've been filed away in separate folders, the thread is broken. Or so it would seem. Actually, if I command-click the Gina and Jim folders, they are presented as one, and as long as "Organize by Thread" is ticked, I can view my Gina/Jim thread. A bonus: if I command-click my sent folder, my responses are included in the thread as well.

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2:00 AM

I wish there was a way to click on one message, and then either do a key command or menu item or right-click item and have it show all the messages in the thread, regardless of folder, The only way I can think of right now would be to always have a window open with every mailbox selected - then search in that window for one of the messages, and then clear the search. But that's a waste of time and a waste of resources since you'll always have that window open.    



2:16 AM

Seems like there would be a way to do this with Smart Folders in Tiger's Mail. But it would be a workaround. I think your way would be more intuitive, and I agree that it would be nice if there were more user-friendly thread managemnt in Mail.

-systemsboy    



» Post a Comment