The Adventures of Systems Boy!

Confessions of a Mac SysAdmin...

Here Comes the Spam

I just got a comment from someone named "TS." The comment was emailed to me via Blogger. I can't seem to find this comment in any of my recent posts, and I'm not about to go looking for it in the archives. This "TS" writes to tell me about how great my blog is, and how I can use it to make "extra cash." He talks about how he made $800, presumably on his blog, which he doesn't link to. And he gives me a link to follow that goes here:

FOLLOW LINK AT YOUR OWN RISK
http://www.makemoneyfast.us/survey1.html

Okay. This is a scam, right?

I'm still a bit green when it comes to blogging. Can I now expect to get hit with all sorts of spam in my comments from here on out? Or is this an isolated incident? Will it get worse over time? How do people deal with this sort of thing on Blogger? I'd really like to keep anonymous comments on, but I'll disable it if I have to.

Anyone know a better way?

UPDATE 1:
Ah! Just found the answers I need in Blogger's Help Section. For now I think I'll just wait and see how things go. If things get bad, though, I'll probably start using "Word Verification." Seems like an innocuous solution to the problem. Just a heads up.

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment