The Adventures of Systems Boy!

Confessions of a Mac SysAdmin...

iPhone 1.1.4 Update

Just wanted to quickly post that the complaint I had about Mobile Safari's browser cache being pointless appears to have been a bug.



iPhone 1.1.4: It Works!
(click image for larger view)


And, happily, that bug has been fixed in the 1.1.4 update.

Yay!

Labels: , , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2:08 PM

I have 1.1.4 and still run into this problem. I've considered jailbreaking the Touch if it would let me increase the cache size. However, it doesn't appear that there have been any browser ports or Safari mods that would permit this.

I already have another iPod as my media player. On my Touch, it drives me crazy to see 14G of free space available but unusable for the Safari cache!

When I go offline, I always have to remember to load that one page I intend to read offline. Otherwise, I'll find it trying to access the network for a refresh.    



3:11 PM

Huh. Weird. 1.1.4 definitely fixed the problem for me, but the cache is still very small. If I load a page, then load another large one in a new tab, the first page can still get wiped out. But it's a damn sight better than it used to, where any new tab would kill all the other pages in cache.

Not perfect, but definitely better.

-systemsboy    



» Post a Comment