The Adventures of Systems Boy!

Confessions of a Mac SysAdmin...

Windows and Linux Dual Boot Part 3: Yum

I'm discovering the magic of yum in Linux. Such an apt mane, yum. Yes, I did break my system with yum. But I've also just fixed it. And it was a breeze. I can't say the system is as good as new, but using yum, I was able to reinstall KDE, and I have a GUI back. In fact, I now have my choice of desktop environments. It's weird, though: My KDE looks very differnt than the one that was installed from the CD. I'm guessing the one on disc is some custom setup.

Anyway, I'm off to play. Still might reinstall at some point, but i'll wait and see what other coolness I can find.

Labels: , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment