The Adventures of Systems Boy!

Confessions of a Mac SysAdmin...

This is Getting Ridiculous

This month Apple has announced an almost completely revised product line, including new software. But still, no Tiger update. Today my Powermac became unable to output sound. On reboot it suffered a kernel panic. I also discovered today, on the heels of the latest wave of product announcements, that my Tiger clients cannot launch documents from our newly set-up NFS home accounts. I am hard-screwed by Tiger, and sick of it. But Apple just keeps cranking out new products. I seriously contemplated downgrading the entire lab to Panther today, but it would be stupid to do so with the hope of a fix in the next update. But where is it?

I'm no longer excited by the new video-enabled iPod. I shall not swoon over dual-core processors. Until Apple fixes their seriously fucked up operating system, I will fail to be impressed with anything they might roll out. They can raise the dead for all I care, I won't be impressed. In fact, I won't even link to their site until this stuff gets fixed, not that anyone cares, but hey, it's a political statement. I guess I feel like if Apple can't even take care of the stuff that's out there, why should we give two shits about the new stuff? Sure it looks pretty; so did Tiger. Question is: Does it work?

Oh yeah, and one other thing: Aperture? $500 bucks? Are you kidding? Lame, lame and lame.

I want my 10.4.3.

UPDATE 1:
AppleInsider has estimated release times for the update for both the first half of September and the first half of October. Dude. October's almost over.

I want my 10.4.3.

UPDATE 2:
Here we go again. I'll believe it when I see it.

I want my 10.4.3.

UPDATE 3:
And again.

I want my 10.4.3.

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment