The Adventures of Systems Boy!

Confessions of a Mac SysAdmin...

The Beast

Just wanted to mention, I have purchased The Beast. And it is good.


The Beast: Eight Frickin' Cores, Dude
(click image for larger view)



To wit: I was doing some video compressing. The top command showed about 300% processor usage. And I thought, "Wow. That's not even half."

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

9:40 PM

The only thing preventing my jealousy is the fact that I'm really, really, happy with the 24" display on my iMac (@home, work is still macbook pro) That, and the fact that I live only in a text editor, a terminal, and Adobe Lightroom.

I'll be supremely jealous within about 2 years though)    



9:11 AM

Almost got an iMac. Just couldn't do it. I use this for video a lot, and though the space savings would be nice (NYC studio apt), and the iMacs are mighty pretty, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

-systemsboy    



» Post a Comment