The Adventures of Systems Boy!

Confessions of a Mac SysAdmin...

Replica Reset Voodoo (That Works!)

So today, after downgrading my master server to 10.4.7, I kept getting an error on my replica. So I decided to reset the replica by demoting it to a "Standalone" role, and then re-promoting it to the "Replica" role. But even after doing this, the error message persisted. The message was telling me to check the logs at:

/var/run/openldap-slurp/replica

and doing so did reveal errors like:

ERROR: Type or value exists: modify/add: memberUid: value #0 already exists

The solution was to again demote the replica to standalone status and then archive all the files in:

/var/run/openldap-slurp/replica

to anywhere else. I put them in a folder called "old." Just get 'em out of the way. Once this was done I was able to promote my replica without receiving error messages.

Yay! That wasn't too bad.

Oh, and you may be asking yourself how I knew to do this. Well, to be honest, I don't really remember. I just know that at some point in the past there was a problem I'd had with a replica and it was caused by stale files. So, since my ultimate goal was to start from scratch, I just got everything out of the way. And lo and behold. It worked. Sorry for the voodoo explanation, though. I wish I could be more explicit. Hell, I wish I fully understood what I was dealing with. But I don't. And, though it pains me to say this, I don't have time to figure it out.

But y'know? I'll take the cure even if I don't know what caused the disease.

Labels: , , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

11:01 PM

I got a message today that I could update my AOL toolbar. I was going to do this but I hit the wrong button and the box with the update went away. I'm hoping it comes back later. I've been thinking about getting high-speed internet but I can barely handle all the content in my life now. If I could really watch baseball clips on MLB.com, or really watch old shows on C-SPAN, I'm afraid I would not get other things done.I've got no idea what any of your posts are about. Though I'm certain that they are good and useful.    



2:01 AM

well, i've been tempted to try this "replica" business, but it sounds like more trouble really. hmmm    



9:08 PM

由于目前GPS功能只能在室外使用,在市内由于信号阻隔,不能收到卫星所发出的信号。诺基亚GPS导航模块随机附带一张512MB的RS-MMC卡,其中就包括了GPS地图软件,在手机上启动地图软件,加上模块就能实现GPS全球定位功能,就如图片中显示的一样,地图软件 ...    



9:28 PM

You just saved my life with this post, as I am in an indentical situation (remodeling the company) with an indentical problem with a moved replica.

THANKS!    



9:37 PM

That's awesome, Mike. Glad I could help.

-systemsboy    



» Post a Comment