The Adventures of Systems Boy!

Confessions of a Mac SysAdmin...

Finally!

I still have no time to post, but I did want to squeeze in a quickie regarding yesterday's WWDC news (or lack thereof).

Needless to say, count me among the underwhelmed. A usual, we were all expecting big things, but this seemed like WWDC 2006 reheated. Leopard looks nice, but hardly revolutionary. We've been waiting two years. We want revolutionary. We want the iPhone on the Desktop.

I guess there's always next year.

Oh yeah, and Safari on Windows? Great. If you're a Windows user. Or a Safari user. Unfortunately, Safari lost me a while back, and it's going to take a lot of catch-up for it to get back to the top spot in my browser list. Still, I will say, I'm typing this in the Safari 3 Beta, which I didn't used to be able to do on Blogger. At least not properly. There are still some things that don't quite work right, but it's much better than it was. And overall I'd say I'm favorably impressed with this version.

But for me the happiest moment was seeing Apple's new home page. They've finally ditched the 10+ year old pinstripe and Chiclet tab bar for something a bit more modern and refined.

Finally!


Apple's New Tab Bar: Much Better
(click image for larger view)

UPDATE:
As a couple readers have pointed out, looks like the Apple redesign is for the U.S. site only at this point. I never realized I had such an international readership.

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

8:49 PM

Obviously those of us in the outer states aren't so lucky - http://www.apple.com/au/ still has the chiclets :(    



10:23 AM

Oy! That's so sad! I'm sure it won't be long now.

Will it?

-systemsboy    



11:31 PM

Ya, same for us up here in the Frozen North ... http://www.apple.com/ca/    



10:49 AM

Yup, looks like it only the U.S. version has been updated. I've noted as much in the article.

Thanks!

-systemsboy    



8:02 AM

Same old, same old in the UK! I don't think I've been less excited with a Apple for release for ages - I mean Spaces, hardly revolutionary and already available! Also, maybe the best thing about Finder in Leopard and the new iTunes is cover flow, which wasn't even an Apple idea! Don't get me wrong, I love Apple and run a large completely-mac network, but surely the best is yet to come!?!?    



» Post a Comment